Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Family history response

Two stories that some what connect to mine is Jackson's story which is about who came back from the American war to protest. Another story that connects to my story lightly is Andy Lau's story which was about how  mother moved from china to the United States to get away from the hardship and raise her son. What both of theses story show is how hard they will work to try to achieve that "American Dream".
  In Andy Lau's story he also talks about how his mother had to live and grow up in hard places.
My mom described how their family had to go to the local public shower rooms that were created for people who did not have showers or toilets in their houses. She described these as dirty and filthy places that she hated going to."
To me this would motivate me to try my best to move out of such a place because i want a better life for my children and for them not to experience such hardship in their lifetime. I think this is why Andy mother did what she did and move to the states.  she was looking for the American dream.After reading a strong quote from Jackson it really did statr to connect even more.
"After leaving, he, along with many of his friends, etc. began to protest the war. I guess you could say at one point he became the classic image of a “hippie."
 I think that in both of these stories is is rather important to see how them coming to a different place was because they where searching for better experiences.  It really shows what people around the world tend to think about America. After reading a lot of stories i notice one think that seems for the most part to be the same and that is how the parents want to seek opportunity. I think these patterns are starting to become is because of what America is being views as and that is anything is possible here in the states. Thats to me is also a huge reason why more and more people are coming to the united states. They want to live that American dream and feel it for there self's.

No comments:

Post a Comment